Prior to becoming a dog trainer, I had dogs with severe behavior issues, so I know first hand what it's like to feel frustrated and hopeless. While searching for help, I volunteered at the local shelters and noticed how many people were reluctantly giving up their dogs each day. I decided I wanted to become a dog trainer so I could help people have well-behaved dogs, keeping them in their happy homes.
I began shadowing other trainers, studying extensively on behavior modification and dog ethology. Even today, I continuously strive to improve my training methods and further my education by continuing to attend schools, seminars, and workshops with other respected dog trainers and behaviorists. While helping dog owners, I encourage them to also develop an understanding of how dogs learn and perceive the world, setting up both dogs and owners for success.
Over the years, I've worked to create training programs that offer the best solutions to even the most challenging dog issues, enabling me to help dogs that other trainers have given up on or are unwilling to work with. My goal and commitment is to create relaxed, well-behaved happy dogs. So if you are ready to transform your dog and your life, I am ready to help.
Here is a partial list of my certificates, course work, and memberships:
- Certified ForceFree Method™ Dog Trainer
- Certified Pack To Basics™ Instructor
- Cesar Millan's Foundation Training
- Sarah Kalnajs' Language Of Dogs
- Grisha Stewart's Behavior Adjustment Training
- Ian Dunbar's Growl Class for Reactive Dogs
- Chad Mackin's Dogmanship
- Tyler Muto's Dogmanship
- Nelson Hodges' Relationship Based Behavior Modification
- Heather Beck's Dealing with Difficult Dogs
- Jen Freilich's Dog Trainer Shadow Program
- Duke Ferguson's Art of Attention
- Michael Ellis' Obedience Intensive Course
- Jay Jack's Dog Rehab Thru Relationships
- Lori Culpepper's Nosework/Scentwork
- Leslie Horton's Service Dog Training
- Teri Ann Tate's Pet CPR & First Aid Clinic
- International Association of Canine Professionals (IACP) Professional Member #4012
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) Member #79242